Terms & Conditions
When you place an order this shall be an offer by you to purchase goods from us. We shall be under no obligation to accept such an offer.
Following your order we will send you an acknowledgement email. This acknowledgement is NOT an order confirmation or order acceptance from us but merely an acknowledgement that we have received your order.
Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place when we have sent you an email to confirm that your goods have been dispatched, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it.
Title and Risk
The sale of the goods takes place in Jersey, ex-works. The title, ownership and risk of loss and/or damage in the goods shall pass to you at the point and time at which the goods are charged to your account.
We will arrange for the dispatch of your order on your behalf from our place of business in Jersey unless you notify us in advance that you will arrange for the collection of your own goods from our premises.
Customs and VAT
You are the importer of goods which are dispatched on your behalf to an address outside Jersey. You are therefore responsible for complying with all laws and regulations of the country into which the goods are imported. The goods may be subject to import duties and taxes which are applied once the shipment reaches the destination country. Any such additional charges levied for customs clearance must be borne by you. You are responsible for these charges and for complying with all the laws and regulations of the appropriate Customs authorities.
It is acknowledged by you that The Tight Spot.com has no control over any additional charges for customs clearance and cannot predict what these may be at any time in the future.
By confirming your order you accept the additional Terms and Conditions:
1. Our prices are subject to change - Promotional terms such as TheTightSpot.com 'Price Guarantees' only apply in the period stated for the promotion, or from the day in which they are launched. We attempt to ensure that the 'Price Guarantee' items are checked daily, and is valid against our direct competitors only. Charges for delivery are not included in the stated product price - see delivery information for details of applicable charges.
2. Whilst The Tight Spot will try to ensure that prices on the website are accurate, we are not responsible for errors that may occur. If we discover any errors in the price of goods before we accept your order, we will notify you as soon as possible and give you the option to resubmit your order at the correct price or cancel the order. The price of all goods and services advertised are exclusive of any applicable taxes.
3. All goods are subject to availability.
4. Any goods, services or information displayed on this web site should not be regarded as an offer, invitation, solicitation, advice or recommendation to buy a product or service on the web site.
5. Any e-mail or other electronic acknowledgement by us of receipt of an order placed by you does not constitute legal acceptance by The Tight Spot of your order. All orders are subject to approval by us. When processing your order, the information provided will be subject to credit and fraud prevention checks.
6. Provided you keep the goods in 'as new' condition, you are entitled to withdraw from this contract without stating any cause within 7 days of delivery. You must communicate such withdrawal to us within that 7 day period. If the goods are defective, you may contact The Tight Spot within 28 days and will be entitled to a replacement or a full refund and we will arrange return at our own expense. The Tight Spot reserves the right to retain the cost of delivery where goods are returned for no cause.
7. Any offers shown on our site are subject to availability and may be withdrawn by The Tight Spot at any time.
8. By accepting our terms and conditions You (the customer) accept and agree that We ( The Tightspot.com ), acting as Your agent, will arrange dispatch of Your goods from Jersey as per your order and instructions and that You remain the importer of record for all purposes.
9. 3rd Party Ad Serving: We may allow other companies, called third-party ad servers or ad networks, to serve advertisements on our behalf. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites. Please see the relevant cookie and privacy policies.
10. The Tight Spot’s liability for any injury (other than death or personal injury), damage or loss, in particular consequential loss, arising from the use of any goods purchased via this web site, or from the transaction itself, are hereby excluded. Any injury, damage or loss arising directly from the negligence of The Tight Spot or any of its agents will be limited to a refund of the value of the goods purchased, together with any delivery charges paid.
11. If payment is made by any of the following: Visa, Maestro and Mastercard and the transaction will be handled by Braintree. We do not hold any payment information.
12. Should you wish to change or amend your shipping address following the despatch of an order, The Tight Spot Limited will not be liable for any loss incurred. Please check your full delivery address details in the checkout are correct before placing your order, The Tight Spot Limited shall not be liable for incorrect information provided, which may result in lost goods.
13. Royal Mail will not deem a parcel to be lost until it has been in the postal system for 15 days for UK deliveries, 30 days for the EU and 60 days for International rest of the world deliveries. Although this is highly unlikely that deliveries will ever take this amount of time, we are unable to despatch a replacement or issue a refund until this period of time has elapsed. Notification of an unreceived order should be received within 90 days. After this period we are unable to refund any orders. We are unable to change or amend your shipping address following the despatch of an order, therefore, The Tight Spot Limited will not be liable for any loss incurred. Please check your full delivery address details in the checkout are correct before placing your order, The Tight Spot Limited shall not be liable for incorrect information provided, which may result in lost goods.
14. English law applies to this contract.
Accepted Credit / Debit Cards
At checkout you may decide to pay via debit / credit card. We accept the following cards: Visa, Mastercard, Maestro and Visa Electron. We also accept payment via Paypal.
Visa and Mastercard have introduced new security checks for the protection of credit and debit cards online. As a result you may be asked for your Verified by Visa or MasterCard® SecureCode™ password when completing a purchase at TheTightSpot.com.
What happens if I am not registered for Verified by Visa or MasterCard® SecureCode™
If your order requires one of these additional security checks and you are not already registered with your card issuer, you will be prompted to register securely during the checkout process and create a password for your card. If you're unsure about this new service, you may be able to complete your order without registering but we recommend that you contact your card issuer to find out more about the service.
I'm registered but when do I enter my details?
If further information is required, you will be asked for it as you complete your order. Remember your Verified by Visa or MasterCard® SecureCode™ password is not your TheTightSpot.com password and TheTightSpot.com does not have access to your Verified by Visa or MasterCard® SecureCode™ password.
If I have a problem with Verified by Visa or MasterCard® SecureCode™ who should I contact? You should contact the card issuer who issued your card. Their contact details are normally found on the back of your credit/debit card, within your bank statement, or upon their online site.
All products are priced in Great British Pounds £ (GBP). We do also accept payment in United States Dollars, Canadian Dollars, Australian Dollars, Swedish Krona and Euros. To change currencies, simply use our easy currency selector located on the top right hand side of the website. Our currencies are converted live and represent accurate exchange rates.
For an up to date currency conversion to your local currency please visit XE.com for live accurate conversion rates
When You Will Be Charged
If you pay using you credit / debit card you will be charged as soon as the checkout process has been completed. Alternatively, if you pay via PayPal a payment notification will be instantly sent out (typically via email) and the payment process will have commenced. This payment process may take between 3-5 days working days before the money has left you bank account (depending on whether you have available funds in your payment gateway accounts).
Online Transaction Protection – SSL Certified
At TheTightSpot.com, we take security very seriously! Our secure server software encrypts all your personal information including credit or debit card number, name and address. This data once collected is completely unattainable by any individual internally or externally.
We use SSL (secure socket layer) level encryption. This is one of the most advanced encrypting technologies available today. Any information sent over the Net is encrypted into an unbreakable code before it is sent. This ensures that no third party can intercept and decipher your personal information This is much safer than giving your card details over the phone. None of your card information will be stored and none of our staff including ourselves will have access to your personal details either. Once the order has been submitted, your card details are deleted.
Additional Security Checks
All orders are subject to additional security checks once they have been placed. Should your billing address or card holder details not match the details held by the card issuing bank please contact us to confirm the correct information.
We accept payments from PayPal at no cost to you. PayPal charge us a fee to manage a transaction but we don’t mind as we want to ensure that your transaction has been secured sufficiently.
Click here to explore the PayPal security benefits
Voucher codes will not be valid on item which are already discounted.
TheTightSpot.com operates and trades under the name ‘The Tight Spot Ltd.’
Registered in Jersey.
Company Registration No: 107584