We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties, unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
What We Collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you provide to us
You may provide information to us by completing Contact forms on The Tight Spot website; by placing an order on The Tight Spot website; by signing up to our database; or by corresponding with us via email, letter or telephone.
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) may include your name; home/work address; email address; telephone number, and IP Address. We do not store any financial or payment details. This is processed by secure, trusted payment Gateways.
All PII data we hold is protected by us in accordance with the Principles (Article 5) of the General Data Protection Regulations.
Information we collect
Information we automatically collect about you with regards to your use of our website, but does not personally identify you, may include the following:
Technical information - such as your Internet protocol (IP) address; login information; time zone; browser type or version with plug-in types/ or versions and device information (operating system and platform).
Information about your visit - such as Uniform Resource Locators (URL); the date and time; products viewed or searched; site response times; downloads; errors; page visit time length; interaction (scrolling, clicks, mouse-overs); exit methods away from pages; route to our site from other websites; or search engine requests and links.
How your information is used
The information that you provide to us is used:
• to meet our obligations within any contracts between you and us;
◦ to meet your requests for information and/or products and services;
◦ to notify you of changes to our products or services, or make suggestions and recommendations that may interest you;
◦ to improve content of our site and ensure it is presented effectively for you and your device.
The information that we collect about you is used:
◦ to manage our website operations which include analysis, research, statistical and survey uses, together with testing and troubleshooting.
◦ to improve our website and content for users and their devices.
◦ to allow you to interact with our website and take advantage of our online services, whenever you may elect to do so.
◦ to ensure our site is safe and secure by monitoring activities within the context of continual process improvement.
◦ to monitor advertising and marketing effectiveness for users, and/or to fine-tune advertising by relevance to users.
◦ to enable targeted suggestions and recommendations to users about products and services that may be of interest.
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to meet our obligations and enable our services, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. For example our fulfilment company for delivery of your goods. The Tight Spot only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We have documented assurance that our third parties can only use your data to provide services to The Tight Spot and to you as a customer of The Tight Spot and not for any other purposes. We will never sell or rent data to other organisations for any purposes unless required by law. Service providers who have access to PII data include Juicy Media webdevelopment and Sonassi website hosting both located within the UK.
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for The Tight Spot to share your data outside of the European Economic Area. This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA. If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. We work with Mailchimp, an emarketing platform based in the USA.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data. However, most PII data is destroyed after 12 months. Order history is retained unless you request this to be destroyed for customer profiling, sales records and to deal with any possible issues with future or past orders.
The Tight Spot does not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy policies of any third-party.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by unsubscribing in one of our emails or emailing us at email@example.com.
Version: 1018 Issue Date: 10/04/2018